The twenty-sixth edition of Jawetz, Melnick, & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology remains true to the goals of the first
edition published in 1954 “to provide a brief, accurate and up-to-date presentation of those aspects of medical microbiology that are of particular significance to the fields of clinical infections and chemotherapy.” The 26th edition has included the following new features!
• Addition of concept checks after major sections within chapters.
• Chapter Summaries at the end of each chapter.
• Increased number of new and revised review questions.
• Full color photographs and photomicrographs of the previous edition.
• All chapters have been revised extensively consistent with the tremendous expansion of medical knowledge afforded by molecular mechanisms, advances in our understanding of microbial pathogenesis and the discovery of novel pathogens.